Packages for many Linux distributions are available (or will be soon available) at: Download
Mac OS X:
After over two and a half years of hard work, we are really proud to announce availability of the new and revolutionary version of Kadu IM 0.9.0.
This version brings many long awaited features, such as support for XMPP network (Jabber, GTalk, Facebook Chat, etc.), possibility of using many accounts from different networks in one instance of the program, completely new history module, and Adium chat styles support. New version is supported on Linux, BSD, Windows and Mac OS X platforms.
Despite significant growth, Kadu does not intend to join the club of overgrown multi-IM's. If you like Kadu for its simplicity and usability, you will find these features in even better shape in the new release. With simple but powerful configuration, Kadu can be either a simple one account client, or a full-featured multi-IM.
Kadu consistently provides free and easy communication across multiple platforms, without any intrusive advertisements and unnecessary additions.
List of most important changes since the 0.6.5 release:
- multiple communication protocols, support for Jabber/XMPP (including Facebook, GTalk)
- support for multiple accounts in one instance of the program
- ease of use with made from scratch menus and dialog boxes
- ease of talk with many improvements in the chat window - including copying text representation of emoticons, support for Adium styles and much better toolbars
- new emoticon selector displaying items in correct proportions
- editable groups of buddies
- simplified notifications configuration
- added Czech translation
- Support for TLS connections and multilogon in Gadu-Gadu
- history plugin based on the SQLite database, with brand new interface
- new, improved Setup Wizard
- new experimental ImageLink plugin for displaying images and youtube videos directly in the chat window
- refactorized source code with a much more friendly and readable API allows for quick changes and improvements
Since the release of Kadu 0.9.0 we introduce a new cycle of release:
- once a month a small release with amendments (0.9.1, 0.9.2) repairing the most troublesome bugs found after the major release
- every 3-4 months a large release (0.10.0, 0.11.0), adding new features and changing API a little bit
No more waiting several years for new Kadu ;)
More information in Release Notes